Как вас зовут?
1. Water _____ at a temperature of 100° C.
2. In several northern countries _____ dark all the time in winter.
3. In southern countries people often wear light clothes _____ cool.
4. In Spain they have _____ weather all year long.
5. Most countries that are situated in the northern hemisphere are _____ in November than in April.
6. Parts of Egypt don't have _____ rain for long periods.
7. In the Arctic and the Antarctic _____ a lot of snow.
8. Climate is really important in _____ people's lives.
9. Even now there is _____ we can do to control the weather.
10. In the future we _____ to get a lot of power from natural sources like the sun, the wind, and the tide.
11. For many people the name Pelé still means _____ famous footballer in the world.
12. Pelé _____ born in 1940.
13. His mother _____ him to become a footballer.
14. But his father _____ practise every day.
15. By the time he was 16 he _____ the Brazilian club, "Santos", and had scored in his first game.
16. In 1957 he _____ for the Brazilian national team.
17. The next World Cup Finals were next year and Pelé was looking forward _____ .
18. And _____ he was injured he helped his country to win the game.
19. Pelé was _____ great player that he helped Brazil win three World Cups.
20. He didn't stop _____ for "Santos" till he was 34.
21. After calling a day in 1974, he came _____ retirement and played for "New York Cosmos".
22. _____ the end of his career he had scored over a thousand goals.
23. He then settled for a role _____ a sporting ambassador for Brazil.
24. By the end of the 20th Century he had received a great _____ of awards.
Четверть теста уже пройдена!
Прочитайте текст, представленный ниже, и заполните пробелы. Не забывайте, что выбор той или иной грамматической формы зависит от контекста. Прежде чем выбрать вариант ответа, внимательно изучите соседние предложения.
Вы ответили на половину вопросов – так держать!
51. Millions of _____ around the world now use the Internet almost every day.
52. The majority of children in the UK _____ access to a PC.
53. Learning to use the Internet is not the same _____ learning traditional skills.
54. Most of us starts off with email, _____ is fairly easy to use.
55. Children generally find using computers easy, but some adults can't get used _____ with them.
56. There aren't _____ shortcuts to becoming proficient – everyone needs training and practice.
57. Those who do best are those who also use computers a lot _____.
58. It's no use _____ to become an expert just by reading books.
59. There are many who wish they _____ learning earlier.
60. A few unsuccessful learners have resigned themselves to never _____ how to use the Internet.
61. Some new users quickly become almost addicted _____ online.
62. Others decide they would just _____ not have anything to do with computers.
63. The trend continues _____ for computers to get smaller and smaller.
64. Some companies already have more laptops _____ desktops.
65. It is thought that we'll have mobile phones as powerful as PC's _____ the end of the decade.
Ниже представлено письмо в ежедневную газету, адресованное автору колонки советов. Выберите правильные ответы, ориентируясь на контекст.
Не бросайте начатое, вы почти закончили тест!
91. Steve's off to China, _____ ?
92. It'll be a new year before we see him again, _____ ?
93. I believe he's given up smoking, _____ ?
94. I am not the next on the list to go out there, _____ ?
95. No doubt you'd rather he didn't stay abroad too long, _____ ?
96. He's rarely been away for this long before, _____ ?
97. So you think he'll be back before November, _____ ?
98. Nobody's disagreed with the latest proposals, _____ ?
99. We'd better not delay reading this any longer, _____ ?
100. Now's hardly the time to tell me you didn't need a test at all, _____ ?